Wednesday, February 25, 2015

We're Here!

After a long 24 hours or so of travel, which may or may not have included a frenzied run through a Paris airport when our terminal and gate were switched (which may or may not have resulted in an early need for the spare undies in my purse) I'm in Armenia.

I'm hanging out in my comfy hotel bed waiting for the rest of the capital city of Yerevan to wake up.

Today will start with breakfast and devotions, then we will hop in vans to head to another town, about 1.5 hours away, which will be our home base for the week as we visit World Vision development projects and meet with Armenian people in their homes.

I think today will be about learning:

Learning more about the other bloggers I'm here with.

Learning about this beautiful country and its history at two museums, including the Armenian Genocide Museum.

Learning about the customs and language of the Armenians as we pepper our generous guides with questions.

And perhaps, my finally learning how to use Instagram and "THE TWITTER" to get the word out about the trip.  We'll see...

I'm so glad you will be here every step of the way!

P.S. To learn about child sponsorship through World Vision, check this out.

2 comments:

Alison said...

I'm so excited for you, Anna!

Kathy at kissing the frog said...

You are so brave. I'm in awe of your love and faith. I will be praying for you and the others with you. Can't wait to hear more.